In response to expressed need for a testing service in National Education Policy (1998-2010) and IT Policy of Government of Pakistan (GoP), National Testing Service (NTS) was established in July 2002.
NTS, being Pakistan’s first and only public sector autonomous, self-reliant and self-sustained premier testing organization, conducts tests and assessments for admissions, scholarships, recruitment and promotion purposes. It is governed by a Management Committee.
Having completed eight (8) successful years in operation, NTS is now playing a pivotal role in promoting merit and quality education at college and university level. Following its core values, NTS always strives for excellence and ensures quality, efficiency, reliability, accuracy and most significantly credibility of entire system in a transparent manner under strict security arrangements. NTS tests and assessment are now pre-requisite of many prime public and private sector engineering, medical and other colleges, universities and institutions for admission and recruitment.
An internationally recognized testing and assessment organization facilitating in producing educated and market competitive human resource.
To build and promote standards in educational and professional testing and assessment.
- To conduct efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to access the competency of candidates for admission, scholarship and recruitment purposes.
- To undertake research on educational, professional and testing systems to identify the prevailing academics and operational gaps in the systems.
- To build capacities of the educational and professional individuals and institutions by professional certification through testing and assessment.
- To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional development standards.
- Developmental procedures
- Suitability for use
- Customer service
- Uses and protection of information
- Assessment development
- Cut scores, scaling, and equating
- Assessment administration
- Reporting assessment results
- Assessment use
- Test Takers’ rights and responsibilities
Believe in mutual respect – affirm dignity, potential and contribution of associates participants, partners and staff.
Act consistently with NTS’s mission, being honest and transparent in what we do and say, and accept responsibility for our individual and collective actions.
Resolve to maintain and improve credibility among the stakeholders about its work.
Work together effectively to serve the larger society.
Constantly challenge ourselves to the highest levels of learning and performance, to achieve greater impact.